Book science, bibliophilia and more ...
The Antwerp Bibliophile Society (ABS) is a broad and active network
for collectors, scientists, booksellers, publishers and others
with a passion for printed and handwritten objects.
WHY BECOME A MEMBER OF THE ABS?
(click on the photos or text for more info)
who are we?
The Antwerp Bibliophile Society (ABS) is a broad and active network for collectors, scientists, booksellers, publishers and others with a passion for printed and handwritten objects.
– guidance in starting, maintaining and expanding collections;
– technical, substantive and commercial know-how and skills;
– a proprietary webpage where members can propose their collection, barter, etc.
– privileged access to experts within the academic and commercial world;
– contacts with associations on specific themes;
– information about visits, training, events, exhibitions and auctions;
– two issues of the book historical journal The Golden Compasses per year;
– a newsletter including classifieds;
– an annual Young Collector Prize;
– an annual General Meeting with lecture and dinner;
– offers and discounts.
The ABS connects bibliophile collectors of books, but certainly also of manuscripts, magazines, prints, etchings / engravings, newspapers, comics (BD), death and prayer cards, postcards, posters, printing plates, pilgrimage flags, menus, birthday cards, drawings, letters, etc. cards, coasters, computer manuals, photos and all materials to produce them, such as printing presses and fonts.
We are the publishers of The Golden Compasses, journal for book history.
As an independent non-profit organization we are not bound by institutions, beliefs, a region or an era.
some of our activities
we co-operate very pleasantly with:
what our members are saying:
Customized coaching to
He who knows the craving for beauty will never decay into ordinariness.